How Safe is the 2020 Ford Explorer?
The 2020 Ford Explorer is an SUV that's known for its incredible performance, fuel economy, and safety highlights. Read on to find out more.
The 2020 Ford Explorer is fitted with a 2.3L turbo-4 engine that works well to offer incredible mileage in urban driving conditions and highways as well. The car gives 21 mpg in the city, 28 mpg on the highway, and 24 mpg combined. It also comes with a 10-speed automatic transmission that works with the rear-wheel-drive to offer the right amount of stability and torque.
The 2020 Ford Explorer comes with an all-wheel-drive option, wherein the mileage falls to 20 mpg in the city, 27 mpg on the highway, and 23 mpg combined. Although the mileage is lesser, this drivetrain provides excellent stability and control on difficult terrains.
You can also avail the 2020 Ford Explorer Platinum trim, which comes with an enhanced twin-turbo 3.0L V6 engine. This variant extends a mileage of 18 mpg in the city, 24 mpg on the highway, and 20 mpg combined.
The 2020 Ford Explorer comes with incredible safety and driver assistance innovations developed to ensure that you experience a hassle-free and secure drive.
The safety features included in the 2020 Ford Explorer are –
• Airbags – The car comes with a driver airbag, passenger airbag, front head airbag, rear head airbag, as well as front side airbag to lessen the impact of a collision.
• Brake Assist
• Electronic Stability Control
• Daytime Running Lights
• Child Safety Locks
The driver assistance features included in the 2020 Ford Explorer are –
• Blind Spot Monitor – Alerts you from changing lanes if there is another vehicle in your blind spot
• Lane Departure Warning – alerts you when you have deviated from your designated lane
• Lane Keeping Assist – Helps you stay on your intended path
• Cross-Traffic Alert – Monitors the car's surroundings to avoid any collisions due to cross-traffic
• Traction Control – Maintains control and stability on challenging terrains
• Intelligent Cruise Control – Helps you maintain the optimum distance from the automobile in front of you